How to find that special someone: Your co-founder
The co-founder relationship is an intense one. You are together for long stretches, working under high levels of uncertainty and risk. Stress levels are high, but I couldn't imagine going at it alone. A good co-founder, like a good spouse, is a balancing force. But just like getting married, it's not something to just rush into.
Open communication, some good questions to start with
- How does work fit into your life? What do you seek from it?
- What are your good/better/best outcomes for this company?
- How do you envision us working towards that vision while we are at our current jobs? (e.g., specifics on schedule, projects)
- What will you need in place in order to leave your current job? (e.g., specifics on savings, traction, timing)
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work with me?