1,000 True Fans? Try 100 | Andreessen Horowitz
More than a decade ago, editor Kevin Kelly wrote an essay called " 1,000 True Fans ," predicting that the internet would allow large swaths of people to make a living off their creations, whether an artist, musician, author, or entrepreneur.
Argues 100 fans paying $1000 per year will be the passion economies future
Interesting ideas on why someone would pay $1000/year
- Premium content and community
- Delivering tangible outcomes
- Access, recognition and status
What is good about it?
- Interesting ideas about what super high-end content could be created in the passion economy
What is bad about it?
- Is written inside a silicon valley rich bubble