How to validate your startup idea
👋 Hey, Lenny here! Welcome to a ✨ monthly free edition ✨ of my weekly newsletter. Each week I tackle reader questions about building product, driving growth, working with humans, and anything else that's stressing you out about work. If you're not a subscriber, here's what you missed this month: Q: I have an idea for a startup.
The early journey as a founder really comes down to a few steps, regardless of what kind of business you’re creating:
- Find an audience with a problem they want solved.
- Have the empathy and creativity to come up with a solution that resonates.
- Put in the work to validate the solution with your target customers.
- Make sure there’s a large enough audience who wants to buy what you’re selling.
- Find clever ways to reach that audience. Be willing to do things that don’t scale in the early days, but look for non-linear ways to scale as you go.